(not so) Perfect Mama

Friday, June 16, 2006

Curiosity

Cole found a dead bird in my parent's backyard today. So he picked it up. I suppose being the mother of a boy, I should get used to this sort of thing. Disgusting germ-infested bird carcass aside, I guess I can be happy that he's naturally curious and wants to learn so much about his world. Needless to say, a mad rush to disinfect him ensued.

In other "my son is such a smarty-pants" news, Cole can now count to ten by himself. I'm pretty sure this is extremely advanced for a 20-month old. I'm going to keep myself grounded about it though. Before I send off for the MENSA application, we'll wait and see if his precociousness continues. Anyway, although he knows his numbers 1-10, he likes messing with mommy. Today we practiced while we were in the car and he happily chirped, "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9......18!!!!! Hahahahahaha!". He just really enjoyed my emphatic and silly "NO!" response. What a kid.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home