(not so) Perfect Mama

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

whoah

yup. It's been a while. I guess you can say I've been to hell and back, but I've come out of it with a beautiful new baby girl.

Caroline was born Feb. 27th via C-section and everything went as it should. The day I went home from the hospital, a dark cloud of panic hovered 'round my head and I thought it would never leave. I have never felt fear like that before. The next day I felt better and therefore decided to ignore the feelings of the day before. Bad move. I sunk into a pretty heinous depression before I realized what was happening. To make a really long story really short, I'm now on medication, have sought counseling, and life is beginning to look peachy again. Thank goodness.

Here's my gorgeous daughter seconds after birth, looking none too happy with her new digs. "Put me back in my lovely warm and wet womb people!!!"
Caroline's Birthday 012

Here she is just a few days ago, much more well-adjusted to the outside world.
Caroline Isaak

2 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM , Blogger Bird On A Line said...

    Oh Potter. What an absolutely LOVELY child you made. She's CUTER than ANY kid I've SEEN! Really.

    So sorry to hear about the post pardem...I had no idea. Glad things are getting better.

    Much love!!!

     
  • At 2:41 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Isaak said...

    thanks for the well wishes, friend. And you're right, she IS the cutest kid ever!
    Post-partum is now much better thanks to my lovely blue pills and my wonderful counselor. Tom Cruise SUCKS!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home